‘Peaceful Classrooms’ is a Mindfulness based program suitable for students from Prep through to Year 12. This program has been created to enable students to practice daily mindfulness exercises and meditations in the classroom led by their classroom teacher. Simple, effective and proven exercises help students to stay calm, relax, focus and learn more effectively during their day. Peaceful Classrooms helps students to build their emotional resilience so they are better equipped to deal with the day to day stresses that life brings them.
Staff who are trained in the 'Peaceful Classrooms' program are able to lead students through daily meditations and exercises. There are currently 26 meditations that are easily taught to students through electronic resources that can be integrated into the daily life of the classroom. Some meditations are quick 'stress busters' that can be used at any time of the day and others are longer relaxation meditations that can be incorporated into social and emotional learning lessons.
Aims of 'Peaceful Classrooms'
The aims of the Peaceful Classrooms program include the following:
- To build emotional intelligence
- To develop self-awareness
- To minimise symptoms of anxiety and stress
- To build emotional resilience
- To empower children to self-regulate
- To teach children Mindfulness exercises they can use for life
- To build a reservoir of strength to enable children to cope with life more effectively
- To teach children life long skills to manage stress and prevent stress build up
'Peaceful Classrooms' is based on evidence based research from the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program (MBSR), Mindfulness-integrated Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (MiBCT), Positive Psychology and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
Peaceful Classrooms Training
If you would like to implement Mindfulness into your school and become trained in the Peaceful Classrooms program , please see the training tab and upcoming training dates.